Thursday, January 14, 2010

OLD POEM I WAS TOO FUCKING LAZY TO TITLE

I never promised I'd tell you everything
Still we write what we feel, but you keep telling me every little shadow that breaks the sunlight for you.
I don't call that a problem, call it a benefit,
It's hot out so lat there; the dark is so cold and you're already wearing a jacket.
You have nothing to do but worry and worry you do,
Feeding that blood to the animal we don't even want here as far as I know.
But some carry their breath for us and call it a home.
Without it, there's nothing.
I never promised I'd hurt you and say the words that don't exist
Just inside my head, but you keep saying "wake up, wake up"
All I've got to look forward to is dreams
I am still sleeping.
Maybe if I could leave everyone behind,
I would.
No regrets losing what we had.
I could force myself to be happy
But dealing with that numbness shouldn't exist in love.
So I'll crack open your sky and leave you alone.
You never needed me to make it clear outside.
It's always raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment